Saturday, April 12, 2008

Penny

Today, my baby sister is off to Africa for several months.  She has arranged to work with two different orphanages and has also set aside some time to experience whatever this continent has to show her.

I am, at once, thrilled and terrified.  I keep having images from when Carter and Kovac (ER) were on medical missions.  Perhaps I should re-watch "Out of Africa" to have a sweeter image in my head.  

Penny has dreamed of (and planned for, and fundraised for) this day for years.  We all feel compelled to do certain things.  Africa is her compulsion.  That continent won't know what hit it.

She has arranged to keep in touch via blog.  If you are interested in her travels, check out www.africacalledmyname.blogspot.com.  You won't be disappointed, I'm sure.

Signing off with a proud and anxious heart, 
K

1 comment:

Heather said...

So wonderful for her to finally realize her dream!
I will be sure tioc heck out her Blog!