Friday, March 21, 2008

Tulips and other Easter related thoughts

I love Easter.
I started feeling ripped off that it would be incorporated into Spring Break this year about a good 16 months ago.  
I love the 4 day weekend that appears out of nowhere.  
I love that my sisters usually come up from Vancouver.
Let's face it, I love the turkey dinner.

When we were little, we would get up early on Easter Sunday and go a the sunrise service in an orchard overlooking a valley.  The family who owns the orchard then opens their tiny house to the whole crowd and we have hot cross buns and hot chocolate and feel the excitement of spring and new beginnings together.  

This Easter I'll be on a Mexican beach trying not to burn for my first day in the sun.  Not a bad trade, perhaps, but I'll miss the regular stuff.  I'm a regular stuff kind of gal.  I like routines and traditions and, well, turkey dinner.  

I'll have to sing a little "Morning Has Broken" to the Mexican sun.  It might be a wee bit after sunrise, but I think the thought still counts.

Happy Easter to All.  May the hope of new beginnings grace your day.
K  

No comments: